Gardening 101

May 24, 2015


This past weekend grandpa taught us girls how to start a herb and vegetable garden. It was a great experience and we learned a lot. The plants are doing well and I believe any brown thumbs between us may have been turned green with our newly gained knowledge. 

I know that whenever I spend time working in the garden I feel close to our Creator and I'm reminded of many parables Jesus told to his disciples. 

One that comes to mind is the Parable of the Sower found in Mark 4:1-20

When I'm gardening I often think about how just like the plants I need to have strong roots but mine grown in God's word. I need nourishment and good soil which come by spending time with Him. If I am living for God I will produce a crop by telling many others about His good news. 

>>><<< 















I hope that this has inspired you to start or freshen up your own garden but more importantly I hope this has reminded you to keep yourself firmly rooted in God's good soil and to be planting seeds every day. 

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe